Terms and Conditions
If you wish to book (“Booking”) a tour (“Workshop” or “Tour”) with Digital Dreamtime then you (“the Customer”) agree that the following terms and conditions shall apply. Be aware that some Tours may require Digital Dreamtime to use external suppliers such as airlines (“Supplier(s)”) in the fullfilment of the Customer’s Booking. Some conditions may apply only to some Tours. Tour-specific conditions appear within the PDF detail page for the Tour.
By booking any Digital Dreamtime workshop, excursion or tour, you agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not make a Digital Dreamtime tour booking. In all cases the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all the other person(s) named in the booking and who partake in the booked tour(s).
- Accuracy of Information and Limitation of Liability
- Digital Dreamtime does not accept liability to the Customer (or any other person) for any act or omission on the part of Digital Dreamtime or its guides including (but not limited to) any failure by Digital Dreamtime or its guides to provide the Tour, or any accident, injury, loss or damage which the Customer or any other person might suffer as a result of the Tour and the Customer agrees to release and indemnify Digital Dreamtime from and against any such claim in that respect.
- Digital Dreamtime does not warrant or represent to the Customer that the Tour is suitable or fit for the Customer’s purpose. Customers should familiarise themselves with the content and itinerary prior to making a booking.
- In so far as Digital Dreamtime is unable by law or by statute to exclude its liability to the Customer then the Customer agrees that the liability of Digital Dreamtime to the Customer is limited to Digital Dreamtime providing the Tour (or a similar tour) again to the Customer or to refunding the cash value of the booked Tour less any expenses incurred by Digital Dreamtime.
- You the Customer will indemnify Digital Dreamtime if we suffer any loss or damage or incur any costs in connection with your breach of these terms and conditions or any other legal obligation by you.
- All Tours are provided by Digital Dreamtime and based on dates of availability provided on the Digital Dreamtime website. Digital Dreamtime may at times rely on third party Suppliers (such as airlines, car hire companies or hotels) to deliver tours or components of tours.
- Digital Dreamtime have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the content of this site is correct, but all information is subject to change at any time and without notice. As a user of this website you acknowledge that Digital Dreamtime is unable to check the accuracy of all information provided by a third party Supplier. You should make your own independent enquiries with the Supplier and other third parties and use your own judgment to assess the accuracy of any information accessed through digitaldreamtime.com.au.
- For the purposes of attending Tour locations the Customer may be transported in a private vehicle. The Customer agrees to release and indemnity Digital Dreamtime from and against any such claim for any accident, injury, loss or damage which the Customer or any other person might suffer as a result of such transport.
- Fees and Charges
- The Customer agrees to pay to Digital Dreamtime the advertised price (“Price”) or deposit (if applicable) for the Tour at the time of booking.
- Where the Customer makes a deposit for a Tour they agree to pay the outstanding balance of the Price on or prior to the advertised date for final payment of the Tour.
- Failure to make full payment for a booking by the due date may result in the forfeit of any deposit paid
- You should be aware that there may be added expenses of an optional nature on some Tours (for example meals and beverages).
- Tour Conditions
The Customer agrees to abide by all terms, conditions and directions of Digital Dreamtimeand its staff in respect of the Tour including but not limited to:
- All matters regarding the conduct of the Tour such as safety, use of equipment, clothing, etc. Customers must for their own safety follow all directions given by Digital Dreamtime staff.
- Payment for the Tour — the Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Price charged by Digital Dreamtime for the Tour may be subject to change if Tour dates are changed due to weather or other constraints.
- Cancellation Fees — If the Customer cancels or changes a Booking then the Customer agrees to abide by any Digital Dreamtime cancellation or alteration policy which may include the payment of a charge for the cancellation or change. BUT the Customer agrees that notwithstanding any cancellation or refund policy Digital Dreamtime shall at all times be entitled to retain a deposit equivalent to 30% of the Price. In addition to this the Customer agrees to abide by the cancellation policies set out in Clause 7 Cancellations, Amendments and Refunds following.
- Age and Identity of Customer
- Digital Dreamtime will not accept any Booking from a Customer under 18 years of age unless the Customer is accompanied by at least 1 legal guardian. The Customer warrants and assures Digital Dreamtime that they are at least 18 years of age and Digital Dreamtime reserves the right to request photo ID for verifying a Customer’s age.
- Cancellations, Amendments and Refunds
- Cancellation by you, the Customer — If you are not able to attend a Tour on the date(s) and time(s) you have booked you should contact Digital Dreamtime as far prior to this date and time as possible. To be eligable for a refund or exchange on a Tour you must notify Digital Dreamtime of your intention to cancel on or before the cancellation date listed on the Tour page. Digital Dreamtime cannot refund or exchange should you fail to attend a Tour on an agreed date and time if you have made no attempt to contact us. Any requests for a refund in either of these circumstances are at the sole discretion of Digital Dreamtime. The Customer agrees that notwithstanding any cancellation or refund policy Digital Dreamtime shall at all times be entitled to retain at least a deposit equivalent to 30% of the total Tour Price. Digital Dreamtime will also be entitled to retain any amount for pre-paid costs of the Tour such as airfares, hire car fees or accommodation costs that cannot be refunded.
- Cancellation by Digital Dreamtime (apart from weather) — In some cases Digital Dreamtime may make alterations to a Tour date, price, inclusions, itinerary, minimum numbers, etc. Digital Dreamtime reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund including any deposit. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive advance notice of a significant change to a tour, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking so the Tour can proceed.
- Cancellation caused by a Third-Party Supplier (apart from weather) — In some cases a Supplier may make alterations to a flight date, price, inclusions, itinerary, stop-over, accommodation type etc. In these cases Digital Dreamtime may need to alter the Tour dates, inclusions, itinerary, minimum or maximum numbers etc. Digital Dreamtime reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund including any deposit. Notwithstanding the above, if we are forced to make a significant change to a tour, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking.
- Cancellation because of Weather — Our Tours are outdoor events that occur in isolated locations. Our Tours will go ahead regardless of weather conditions unless such weather is a safety risk to our guests. Tours will not be cancelled due to rain unless such rain is likely to prevent or endanger our access to locations or sites or roads on which we need to travel are closed. If the Tour you have booked is unable to proceed because of weather, it may be rescheduled or alternative locations/itinerary may be included. Digital Dreamtime will do everything possible to reschedule the Tour to a date and time suitable to you the Customer. If the rescheduled date is not suitable you may be entitled to a refund.
- In some instances bank fees and exchange rates may mean the amount refunded is different to the amount originally paid for a tour, particularly in instances where a currency exchange is involved. Digital Dreamtime warrants it has no control over any bank fees or exchange rates and is unable to accept responsibility for any such discrepancies in refunded amounts. All refunds will be processed in AUD.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable.
- Some of the tours promoted by Digital Dreamtime may be potentially dangerous or strenuous. Prior to making and paying for a booking you the Customer should be aware of this. You the Customer agree to be responsible for making independent enquiries with Digital Dreamtime and other third parties regarding the need to acquire your own insurance coverage.
- The Customer should ensure their photographic equipment and other valuables are suitably insured. Digital Dreamtime takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to equipment that may occur during a Tour or transport to and from a tour.
- Some Tours may require the Customer to provide evidence of appropriate travel insurance. The Customer agrees any such insurance requirement is at their own expense. We endorse the recommendation of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade that all travellers take out travel insurance. Digital Dreamtime will not normally allow a Customer to participate in a Tour if they do not have current insurance.
The Customer agrees that the terms of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Queensland and any dispute shall be heard by the court of appropriate jurisdiction in Queensland.